Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Let Me

I hate it when I can’t express myself
Whether it’s personal
Failure or because I’m censored.

How then am I supposed to inspire,
Be town crier
Elevate people to higher than
Their own personal mire
When my situation’s dire

When then should I display my skill
To give people power of will
That gives them time to still
The urge to kill
the flow of life and the ray of light which should spill so freely
Onto the opportunity borne of hard ground which I till.

So then my word
Ceases to be a sword
With which to destroy
Every clapboard
Mind that houses crap thoughts
Instead of- my Lord!-
The mansions and chalets and the yachts
I help you climb aboard
To make you feel you’ve won a lifetime achiever award.

Why then do I continue to live here,
Who then is it I’ve come to fear
What is it they have that clears
 My mind of all words I hold dear
Let them scorn, let them jeer
but never let them- people and my own emotion- create a frown
create that void or cause my eye to tear

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you really think??