Thursday, December 27, 2012

I Was Young: Part Five


“Untitled”

The movies would have the table revolving in the crowded room
Her solemn face, the clatter of knives and spoon
His mellow voice, the chatter around the room

My laughing self trying not to reel as the emotions just never balance

He’s trying to get her to laugh
She won’t even try his tart

Because this is the real world and I see matters of the heart
The room must stop as I take a look
We’re talking business but my mind isn’t in it
And I might miss out as I slowly drown
In the sister’s counter-production
Of the morose vibes and comments blithe
That throw us all the more off balance

She hardly opened her mouth
But we’ve abandoned an agenda just to make her happy

Written by YaSaBa (02/08/06)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you really think??