Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I Was Young: Part Four


“Untitled”

I have a new name it’s been so long.
And man have I changed!

I’m not as strong, can’t laugh as long. Something’s wrong
And yet it’s not the block I had in 2001.
I still have ideas and could jot some but I've closed up shop
Something made me stop
God couldn’t have taken it away
He gave it to me to protect and console me
To comfort and believe me
when no one else does.

I have a man now it’s been so long
And man have I changed
My friends say I’m a girl now
But should they say that?
Because I have always been a female
and yet my body stays unchanged too much

My mind is taking a break and it doesn’t have to be buff
But I still don’t cry
My back was broken and my thoughts were poking
at my confused heart and reconciled spirit
Yet no tears will fall. Hell no, not at all
I can’t write, my man is alright but no- woman won’t cry tonight
And man, have I changed?


“Untitled”

Those eyes so innocent I could be deceived
As the words out of your mouth
Leave much to be perceived
You’re not what I expected yet somehow I knew
that whoever you were- so many that you are- I’d never not know you

You’re something strange to me
You throw my perspective of unconventionality
And scare me in the process
I’ve never walked on broken glass and loathe appearing the ass
But that’s what you make me

And yet we are still talking, we're still trying to get walking
Down the road of friendship
But because you’re so relentless
I’ll always be scared of you, but I’ll never admit it. Not to your face

Even if you read and I cannot erase
Coz I can’t put a finger on it, don’t want to linger on it
I’m out of my league and you hold many balls
I cant’ choose the game, have no power or fame
to pull strings and make it my day where it’s all up to me
All about me: not you in the background watching me speak

You’re gonna catch me one day but I’ll struggle all the way
Because I refuse to be the victim, the patient, the one analysed
There: I think it’s off my chest but I never realised
You’re like my shadow, I can’t just go
We’re part of the same and whatever I think you’ll follow

“Untitled”

So far
You’re the only man who’s ever made me cry and that I love because
Who isn’t dead or can’t be said is of my blood
Hell, you’re the only man I’ve ever said I love
My heart beats so mild but my thoughts are running wild
Of what I cannot say out loud and what I wish I’d show you. To make it rhyme:
I’m so glad I know you
Skin to skin
My eyes meet yours as you hold my hand
Heart to heart
I smile, I cry and we dance
I can’t say where I’d be without you, without me
That I can’t sleep without you is so hard to digest
Can’t exactly say when it became emotions from the question of simple rest
You’re part of me now and you’re leaving again
Will my heart stop, will the tears flow when you can’t touch me
When you go I’m not following maybe I’ll sit here wallowing
Or maybe it's lucid and you’ll be right here
Where I’m keeping you: near. Baby it’s all I can do
To keep from wishing you on a lucky star
Saying goodbye will never have been so hard. That’s why I don’t want to
And I wish it were so simple. Your support right here right now is all I’ve got to hold onto
Maybe you’re not the one I belong to or else God wouldn’t take you away
But for now: this is best and in your arms I’ll stay

“Untitled”

I want to be like you but you’re a man
Sitting across the table with papers in your hand
I’m drinking Coke from a coffee cup
And you’re talking of cups and love and ladies
And you look so sure when my life is full of maybes
Your soul knows where the turmoil is
Mine thinks it does, grasps something then skids
Away from all that I think I’d be cool with
Only because you want to look inside
You have a deeper meaning
Or at least you’ve said you do. Imply it’s true
But really my nature’s not to trust you
Get offended and I lose you, bruise you and that fractured image
Of me, what you wish to see- which I’ll never really be
I spent my life arguing
So I let you believe that which you wish if an argument I’m forgoing
I just hope you won’t be disappointed when
I open your eyes, take away your delight and show you a self that can never be right

“Untitled”

It is so hard to put into words
How my belly flutters and sends a trip to my heart
When I think of what darling it’s like I’ve found the sun
I’m going to cherish each whisper each song- no single one is the best
It’s never been like this and even if it’s tomorrow
I’m singing happy songs now and darling right now you are the one
Pet names and endearments are flowing out my mouth
And I don’t mind in the least
Because the smell of you and feelings too just let me lose myself
I love you now and if this is how it’s gotta be tonight, then fine with me
It’s meant to be and I’ll memorise the moments
To breathe you in and touch your skin
And desire to be with you forever

“Untitled”

You have the world in your pocket and yet you cannot smile
Without me what did you do?
I’ve only known you an hour or two
But last month is when I met you
If you could cry I’m sure you might
Because there is nothing else to do
Do something for yourself just let loose
You don’t have to be a rock star
Even they love their guitars and groupies
If only an hour on end
I don’t wish that anyone die alone or lonely
My heart has too much room
I’d build another compartment if need be
Or else you’ll make me cry
Because I know-how it feels to be all concealed
And struggle with your problems
I’ll be the ear that wishes to hear all you have to tell me
Talk to someone, find the joy. Anything else just isn’t healthy

“Untitled”

You’re back in my life and we’re actually laughing
We’re better than we were before
I’d wished for it locked but I think I’ll leave it open
And to think we’ve so much in common
You’re talking to me and I’m actually listening
Is this a step in the right direction
Or am I playing with flames
Because I never loved you and your desire for me isn’t quite tame

Written by YaSaBa (31/07/2006)

NB. These poems are in different colours because I am sure they are each about particular people, who I have now separated by the text colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you really think??