Monday, October 6, 2014

To protect my heart
I will let my ego grow…
Who I am will be made more important than what you’ve done.
No one will ever know.

I said, I am more important than what you’ve done;
Replaced my soul with “baby you’re the one”.
Now I’ve crawled out of the hole of your dark lies
And my God has already redeemed with the gift of sacrifice.

So who is this that I Am… the godly in me
Whose boundless love wanted to set you free
Who forgave all those trespasses
to try and make this love last, this
Being who is always here,
to destroy your doubts and ease your fears
The one who gives everything- everything!-
when you’re feeling the least
The battle fighting, passion igniting, faithful, abiding… one.
I Am.

I said, I will make My God greater than what you’ve done.
My ego, the perfection of my identity
The flawlessness that makes me a unique entity
Who I Am is what He sees in me

The greatness of Christ clothing me so perfectly

2 comments:

  1. So amazing.....lost for words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... 6 years later. Much appreciated.

      Delete

What do you really think??