Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I am that invisible girl
No one knows who I am
And no one knows what I am capable of.
I show them- I can show them- but no one really sees
Never really sees the value of me.
The true worth of my words
I’m speaking on mute… might as well be, speaking to you.
Any of you.
Slowly erased from conscious living
No longer a useful, conscious being
Because everything I say can fade
There’s nothing noteworthy in the way I behave because it will quickly be erased.

The cacophony around me does nothing for my concussion and
Clearly reminds me that mine is a solo discussion
There I am in that crowded room- hoping of course that I do and don’t bump into you-
Not really expecting much
Content to be the unseen wonder in the room.
My thoughts are loud enough
And yet empty of real substance.

It’s okay for me to sit alone,
I want to be the one in the invisible cloak
Resplendent in myself and yet left to my own devices.
It is in my own company that I have no fears about how to act.
No qualms at all about that

The only time I know what to expect, when it’s only me in my debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you really think??