Friday, January 25, 2013


Song: I haven’t seen my child in years… baby, baby come home.
Poem: across the seas of fish and whales
May drown out the echo of my wails
But Daddy’s little girl is growing
And daddy knows… oh he is aware
He just can’t be there

S: My heart is calling, calling, calling.
Baby, baby, come home.
P: a refugee in a foreign land
Three little girls and one grown man
In 1989, no one thought it would be just fine
And if they had…
Wouldn’t have known that it could be so bad

S: Blood, tears, rage and pain.
Dreams washed into… into the drain.
P: Daddy’s feelings rain over me in this morbid weather
She speaks aloud of love and influence
Not knowing how the cloth of my being is rent…
Torn between speaking now and deciding that they don’t know how
How being the only one is not always a gift

I have a story… you’re right, I do
But I can’t tell it when my soul’s in two
Could you?
How could you?
I am… one day you’ll see Baby Blue.

11-Dec-09

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you really think??