Thursday, January 31, 2013

it’s understandable


I was angry and ready for a fight until he called
Then my heart was again ready for flight, I started to fall
I was a nervous wreck by the end of week
Not sure whether to go down fighting or turn the other cheek
The excitement, I’m told, was all over my face
The emotion called love tends to blot out time and space
So when I saw him and smiled like I did
I let myself just bathe in the joy, back to being a kid
And afterwards when it came time to really talk
He took me down the incredibly difficult road he had to walk
The silence was intermittent and full of such pain
One would rather spend a night sleeping in the rain
You can only forgive and you can’t help but cry
That through his pain, he hardly even tried
Left outside The Circle to your own devices
Would you hold strong against all your friends’ advices?
The pieces are still fragile and yet to be mended
But I’m glad we spoke and made peace and no one pretended.

23-Oct-09

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you really think??