Sunday, January 27, 2013

Living in our Babylon


We cannot exist together speaking two different languages
The pastor even said so
We cannot go on living as we do if I cannot understand you

You can’t read the language of my heart
And I can’t read from a distance so far apart.
You don’t hear the words of a scared woman
And I don’t hear, won’t hear the doubts if you don’t open your mouth to speak.

What path have you taken
And can it be mine?
You are all alone there and seem to be fine
And it worries me to notice

The pastor said understanding is a result of speech
So just how much silence will you keep
Before I give in and walk on by?
Before the tears begin to cry
Tell me something, tell me why?
We keep waiting and waiting for more words from me
Although I love you comes easily
Where is the proof that it’s not just words?
Simple to man
Like flying is to birds.

Talk to me now, to keep the peace
Saying anything at all to put me at ease.

14-Sept-09

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you really think??