Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Cleansing Tears

Cleansing tears wash regret down my face
Where they dry and leave a dark trace
 Of the pain you walked me to the edge of
And left me at to ponder
Oh if only I’d been stronger.
Strong enough to fight for you
Something I wish I’d done but cannot do
Strong enough to endure your struggle
But the silence was so loud my mind was muddled
About what to do and how to help
So my place in your life is now a trophy on a shelf.
A trophy with no names carved like notches on the bedpost
The love I have and long to share isn’t even what I wanted to give you most
You’ll never know the fire’s heat that was meant for you and I
We’ll never rush from passion roar to lovers’ sated sigh.
Cleansing tears wash down face
And hope they can erase
All that you once promised me

Binding my heart, walking free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you really think??